Skip to content
Home » Fire In Two-Storey Tottenham House Caused By Incense Sticks

Fire In Two-Storey Tottenham House Caused By Incense Sticks

A blaze that took hold in a house in Tottenham was accidentally caused by incense sticks.

Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters tackled a house fire in Arnold Road on March 6.

Part of the first floor and part of the loft of a two-storey terraced house were damaged by fire, London Fire Brigade (LFB) said.

The Brigade’s 999 control officers received seven calls about the fire just before 5.30pm and crews got the flames under control by 6.37pm.

There were no reports of any injuries.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by the unsafe use of incense sticks.

A LFB spokesperson said: “Candles, incense sticks and oil burners are one of the most common causes of fire. It’s really important that you never leave these items unattended and keep them away from anything that can easily catch fire.

“You should also ensure they are in a heat-resistant holder and placed on a stable surface, so they won’t be knocked over.”

Fire crews from Tottenham, Walthamstow, Holloway and surrounding fire stations attended the scene.