Two British teenagers are missing and feared to be kidnapped by Hamas following their initial attack on Israel on Saturday, October 7.
The family of Noiya, 13, and Yahel, 16, believe they were kidnapped from Kibbutz Be’eri, and taken across the border into Gaza.
Their mother Lianne, who is British and born in Bristol, was murdered in the October 7 attack, it was confirmed on Sunday night (October 15).
BBC News reports that the family has not released the girls’ surname.
At least 1,400 Israelis were killed, many of them civilians, in the Hamas attack when gunmen infiltrated communities near the Gaza Strip in the early hours of October 7.
Since then more than 2,700 Palestinians have been killed in numerous air strikes against Gaza by the Israeli military.
Alongside this, they are also blocking fuel, water, food and medical supplies from entering the territory, BBC News reports.
Rishi Sunak confirms six Britons killed in first Hamas attack On Monday (October 16), Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said six British citizens had been killed in the attacks, and a further 10 were missing.
He also said that the UK is working with Israel to establish the facts and support the families through their “unimaginable pain”.
Rishi Sunak confirmed six British citizens had been killed in the initial Hamas attack (Image: House of Commons/PA Wire)
Addressing the British Jewish community, Mr Sunak said: “We stand with you now and always. This atrocity was an existential strike at the very idea of Israel as a safe homeland for the Jewish people.”
Alongside this, he stated “We stand with British Muslim communities too” as he noted the “moment of great anguish” for those appalled by Hamas’s actions while being fearful of the response.
Mr Sunak announced that a further £10 million in humanitarian aid would be provided to civilians in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, up from the £27 million existing funding this year.