Skip to content
Home » Willesden Man Jailed For Raping Woman In Acton 19 Years Ago

Willesden Man Jailed For Raping Woman In Acton 19 Years Ago

A “violent, predatory” rapist from Willesden has been jailed for attacking a woman almost 20 years ago.

Adrian Satchwell, 60, of Dairy Close, raped a woman in Acton Park at around 1am on July 4, 2004.

In an impact statement read out to court, his victim said that he was a “disgusting” man who had “lied and made up different stories” to try and avoid justice.

READ MORE – Wembley: Police release image of man after theft from bank Satchwell was with another man at the time of the rape who remains unidentified, police said.

The victim reported the rape to police shortly after the attack and although DNA of the attacker was obtained, it did not match any profile on the national police database.

But, in 2017, there was a breakthrough after police took a sample of Satchwell’s DNA following his arrest in connection with a sexual assault investigation.

The DNA profile provided by Satchwell matched that of the sample taken after the 2004 rape in Acton.

Satchwell was subsequently charged with two counts of rape in August 2021.

He was found guilty after trial and jailed for 10 years and six months at Isleworth Crown Court yesterday (March 29).

In her impact statement to the court, the victim said: “Before this happened to me, I had a lot of self-confidence, I would go out with friends.

“But since this has happened, I have found that I am a lot more restrictive with what I do.

“At the time I became a lot more withdrawn, not talking to anyone and devoid of emotion.

“To this day, I find that I am still anxious, I suffer from panic attacks, chest pains and shaking. I walk around in a constant state of hypervigilance.

READ MORE – Wembley man jailed after swapping cannabis for £45k “I am relieved to have had what happened to me validated by the jury. That man is disgusting, he disgusts me that he lied and made up different stories along the way to try and avoid what he did to me.”

Det Sgt Susan Phillips led the investigation and said: “Despite there being a 19 year gap between the rape and the court outcome, the Met has not given up and remained dedicated to putting the man responsible for this horrifying attack behind bars.

“Satchwell is a violent, predatory rapist and it is a relief to know he will spend many years in prison.”